Self-service users take these steps:
- Consult with EPIC, BioCryo, Keck-II, SPID, NUFAB technical staff to establish Scope of Work and approximate cost for our standard Lab Service Agreement.
- If you don't know who to contact, email NUance@northwestern.edu with a short description of your project and/or the instruments you'll need. We'll make sure you get a hold of the right lab manager!
- After your conversation, you'll be connected to our External Onboarding Coordinator Ruari. She will collect information to create your portals and provide official quotes if needed.
- Complete safety in myHR Learn within NU Portal and complete these six safety courses:
- Laboratory Safety Certification
- Personal Protective Equipment Certification
- Filling and Maintenance of Liquid Nitrogen Tanks Certification
- Compressed Gas Cylinders Certification
- Hazardous Chemical Waste Management Certification
- Hydrofluoric Acid and Fluoride Ion Hazards Certification
- NUFAB Safety and Protocol Review Certification
Schedule hands-on training with the facility manager
Full-service users take these steps:
- Consult with EPIC, BioCryo, Keck-II, SPID, and NUFAB technical staff to establish Scope of Work for the Standard Lab Agreement.
- Contact Ruari McDonnell to complete the administrative onboarding and payment source setup.
*Please note that this process mostly relies on your AP department’s submission of a PO.